Click here for link to Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Website of Massachusetts – the website of the Commission on the Status of Grandparents Raising Grandchildren. The Commission’s primary purpose is to serve as a resource to the Commonwealth on issues affecting grandparents and all relatives raising grandchildren.
are a statewide network of community-based providers offering multi-cultural parenting programs, support groups, early childhood services, information and referral resources and education for families whose children range in age from birth to 18 years of age. A Family Resource Center is located in each of the 14 Massachusetts counties to provide easy access to information and assistance related to health care, safety, employment training, education and peer support. Find your Family Resource Center Here In each of our communities, our goal is to support families to strengthen their bonds, connect to others, and engage in their community. Our core values are: RESPECT, TRUST, SAFETY, WELLNESS, CARING, CONNECTIVITY, and EDUCATION.
FRCs are supported through funding from the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services in collaboration with the Department of Children and Families (DCF)
Find your Family Resource Center Here
Other Resources .Courtesy of Archrespite.org
- The State of Grandfamilies in America: 2015, New Report from Generations United
- GrandFacts – State Fact Sheets at Grandfactsheets.org
- The Grandfamilies State Law and Policy Resource Center at Grandfamilies.org
- Brookdale Foundation Group, Relatives as Parents Program
- ARCH Fact Sheet: Respite Services to Support Grandfamilies, 2010
- Crago, N. & Kaplan, M. (2011). Conducting a Kinship Family Retreat (2nd Ed.). Posted on the eXtension Family Caregiving website. Available online.
- Developing Rural Relatives As Parents Programming: Promising Practices – A Collection of Practice Wisdom from Across Rural America. Available online.
- Promising Practices in Encouraging & Supporting Grandparents and Relatives. Available online.